Saturday, February 28, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Today's cereal had millet, red beans, kale, butternut squash, grape juice, apples, and nutritional yeast. The kale is what gives it that lovely green hue.
This is a happy, healthy boy who still tries to eat lint from behind the computer regardless of what his mother feeds him.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Feeding the ducks and playing at Plaza ParkAt home. Owen wanted me to capture the magic of him jumping off the slide. Look closely--the buds on that tree are just about ready to go.
Friday, February 6, 2009
1. Growing up, my sister and I fought so much that we drove separate cars to high school.
2. I have a list of invention ideas that someday I’m going to try to develop.
3. I used to collect walrus stuff when I was a kid. I won a contest for writing a walrus story in 2nd grade that my family still teases me about.
4. I quit playing the flute and switched to the French horn in 11th grade because I couldn't handle the fact that two freshman beat me out for first chair.
5. I call my sister Merilee when I need courage to kill big spiders.
6. When I was 18, I had a breast reduction and the doctor removed over 11 pounds of breast tissue. I worry that if I have a daughter, she will have the same problem.
7. I love Golden Grahams cereal. I hardly ever buy it because it's too expensive, too sugary, and is gone too fast.
8. I love cooking. America’s Test Kitchen is my current favorite place to get new recipes to try. They always turn out great. I recently tried Chicken Tikka Masala and it was fantastic.
9. I picked the wrong major in college, and I still don't know what I should have picked. Maybe teaching elementary music. Or Robotics.
10. I’m handier than my husband. Once I fixed our dryer.
11. My parents are my heroes. I hope they'll be around to give me advice for a long, long time.
12. I put off cleaning. Once our home teachers came early and caught us vacuuming. On a Sunday!
13. My son Owen is the rowdiest kid in his Sunbeam class at church.
14. I love how much Owen loves books. I need to spend more time reading to him.
15. I try to make my voice sound like Karen Carpenter when I sing her songs, and sometimes I think I’m pretty close. I just need to work on my lower register some more.
16. I have two big boxes of scrap booking supplies I have accumulated but I have never actually completed a page.
17. Even though they’re super slobbery, I love it when my baby Henry gives me big “kisses”. He grabs my face and presses his big open mouth onto me.
18. I have completed seven credits of a master’s degree in education with an emphasis in school library and information technology.
19. My husband Tim makes me laugh more than anyone else. Once someone asked him to do stand-up comedy at a party.
20. I want to run for public office when I get older.
21. Even though I know I should encourage them to be more reverent, I secretly really LOVE hearing primary children at church yell “HEY!” at the end of the hello song.
22. I wish I lived closer to my sisters.
23. I like to knit. I’m not all that great at it.
24. My three sisters and I once formed a singing group called the Pink Panty Girls. We performed for our family at home in our matching “outfits”.
25. I like to tease Tim by telling him the bishop or stake president from church called while he was at work and wants to give him a big calling. He falls for it every time. Once President Hinckley called!
*Give it up already and join facebook!