Thursday, September 23, 2010
Here's a cute picture of my O-boy at his first flag football game. He looks a little stand-offish here, but as soon as the plays started, Owen snapped into action. He made a touchdown on the first play of the game, and played some fantastic defense. He's good at running fast and is not afraid of diving for those flags! He definitely had a part in helping his team win their first game.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Things I'm happy about right now:
1. New apple crop! I love a good, crisp fall apple. Hurray for the Organic Galas Costco is carrying currently!
2. Henry's feeling better! He's had a little cold accompanied by a nasty diaper rash this week, but it seems to be on the mend. Hmmm....I just had the thought that I should look in his mouth to see if there are any new teeth making an appearance. Just checked...nope.
5. Projects! I've got a sewing project in full swing and a few knitting projects that I'm just wrapping up. Finally after a very slow, stale, hot summer in which I did very little besides read and swim, I've got the crafting bug back and am feeling creative.
7. A flower bed with no weeds! After letting it go crazy all summer because pulling weeds in 100+ degree heat was the last thing I wanted to do, Tim and I tackled our big front flower bed this week. Once we'd cleared it out, we made sure to put down the weed-controlling fabric with bark on top, so hopefully those weeds won't be returning. Now, what to do about the "grass" that is also all weeds? I'm trying to find a solution that leans more toward staying organic (no chemical herbicides like Roundup), but for now my yard is regrettably the ugliest on our street. But at least the flower bed looks good!
8. Clothes that don't fit! Wait, what? Actually this is one of the worst things about what is making me happy today. Today marks 12 weeks of pregnancy #3 for me. We're expecting baby three at the beginning of April, and we are very, very excited.